CDM Smith Senior Project Manager - Water Resources in Kansas City, Missouri
CDM Smith has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Manager to manage existing water resource projects with the US Army Corps of Engineers and support client engagement and business development for these customers in the Midwest. This position requires a seller-doer and provides the opportunity to build upon a growing water resources program at CDM Smith in Kansas City, MO.
We are open to offering relocation assistance for this position.
• Manage and deliver water resources and related projects for federal clients.
• Tracking and controlling scope, schedule, and budget on projects.
• Working with a team to bring resources of CDM Smith organization to bear on projects.
• Acting independently on technical matters pertaining to your specialty field.
• Maintaining liaison with individuals and units within or outside CDM Smith to complete projects.
• Conceiving, planning, and conducting research in problem areas of considerable scope and complexity.
• Keeping abreast of new methods and developments affecting CDM Smith to recommend changes to current programs, or new programs warranted by such developments.
• Developing new business and maintaining high-value relationships with USACE and other federal agencies
• Developing & managing proposal efforts, presentations and taking the lead in contract negotiations including, but not limited to: terms & conditions, scope, and budget.
• Contribute to firm's stature by actively participating in leadership roles in professional societies - local and nationally.
Senior Project Manager - Water Resources
WAF Delivery - Services
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• A minimum of 10 years of professional level experience.
• A BS degree in engineering, architecture or science required.
• Previous experience managing water resources projects in the Midwest.
• Demonstrated success in project management, business development and long-term relationship management for federal-sector clients.
• Candidate possessing a registration as Professional Engineer P.E., American Institute of Architects AIA or other recognized registration required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities.
• A MS or MBA degree.
• Previous experience managing US Army Corps of Engineers projects.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Missouri - Kansas City
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required: