CDM Smith Project Portfolio Leader in Kansas City, Missouri
CDM Smith has an exciting opportunity for a Project Portfolio Leader. This position is part of the leadership team of the West Central Group (WCG) of the North American Unit (NAU) reporting to the WCG Delivery Leader.
We are open to considering candidates in the following office locations: Houston, TX: Kansas City, MO: Denver, CO: Albuquerque, NM: Oklahoma City, OK.
• Business and Change Management
o Manage a portfolio engineering services projects totaling $25 to $35 million in annual services revenue. Primary responsibilities include revenue, profitability, quality, forecasting, budgeting, and cash management.
o Manage a team of 5 -10 Senior Project Managers and Project Controls Specialists.
o Support the DL, and others, in the day-to-day operation of the business
o Drive the business case for change to facilitate efficient transition and realization of benefits.
• Business Performance
o Ensure that all projects/programs in the Group are effectively and proactively monitored and managed
o Work with Project Managers to prevent, mitigate, and resolve project issues and improve project performance
o Understand the key CDM Smith financial goals and performance metrics and translate these to the project level
• Risk Management
o Promote strong business discipline and monitor compliance with company risk policies on all projects
o Promote risk management practices and develop PM risk competencies
o Develop and lead a strong contractual understanding with CSL’s and PM’s
o Lead the PM group to drive accurate, timely and meaningful Estimated Cost At Completion (ECAC) for their group
o Manage the production of monthly Project Management reporting with PM’s
• Best Practice Project Management
o Support DL in delivering CDM Smith’s Global Delivery Excellence Framework compliance through PM workshops and regular 1-on-1 mentoring with Project Managers
o Identify, communicate, and gauge conformance with project management best practices
o Lead by example
• Coaching, Mentoring & Training
o Model the way by serving as a project manager
o Fully understand CDM Smith’s Global Delivery Excellence Framework and serve as a primary point of contact for information and guidance
o Provide team management and talent development support to foster career growth and required skills of project managers
o Take a lead role in conducting project management-training sessions
• Client Relationships, Bids & Pricing
o Actively support the CSL’s in key proposals for compliance with terms and conditions, commercial risk, and competitive advantage
o Maximize usage/growth in CDM Smith resources and provide effective pricing support on proposals
• Quality Management
o Monitor and promote compliance with CDM Smith’s Quality Management System (QMS) requirements
o Network internally (across CDM Smith) to coordinate and drive the effective implementation of wider business initiatives
o Network externally (such as PMI, etc.) to continue to drive up Project Managers’ performance.
Project Portfolio Leader
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or a related field
• Professional Engineer License
• Office locations: Houston, TX, Kansas City, MO, Denver CO, Albuquerque, NM, Oklahoma City, OK
• At least 15 years of professional experience, with 8 – 10 years of relevant project management leadership experience, or equivalent combination of skills and experience in the Water, Environmental, and/or Infrastructure engineering sectors
• Business development skills such as client service and proposal preparation experience
• Recent experience managing projects; development of scope, schedule, and budget; monitoring cost and schedule
• Understand Scheduling concepts and have familiarity with software such as Primavera P6 or equivalent
• Certified or ability to obtain PMP certification from Project Management Institute, or agreed equivalent
• Must be able to manage several projects simultaneously
• Must be able to identify the appropriate opportunities in accordance with the Company's risk profile, prepare campaign plans for pursuit and secure contracts
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and a proven talent at business development
• Computer proficient, including the Microsoft Office suite
• Master's Degree in an Engineering discipline and/or Business Administration.
• PMP Certification.
• Experience with Project Delivery Systems.
• Experience in Program Management Systems.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Missouri - Kansas City
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required: