CDM Smith Water Resources Engineer in Houston, Texas
As a member of the water resources team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Successful candidate will participate in a project team performing water supply, water quality and/or stormwater modeling from various surface and groundwater sources. Groundwater modeling experience a plus. Experience with green infrastructure is also of interest.
• Independently planning, developing, coordinating, and directing projects on water supply, water quality and/or stormwater planning including STELLA modeling or similar. Experience with surface hydraulics and hydrology modeling required.
• Performing complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques, procedures, processes, and methods.
• Developing and evaluating criteria and solutions for a variety of stormwater modeling projects (2-D modeling is a plus).
• Writing and reviewing reports and technical briefs to document analyses and results.
• Performing internal technical review across a broad range of complex hydraulics models and analyses, including quality control review in accordance with CDM Smith policy.
• Coordinating and reviewing the work of engineers and scientists across the projects.
• Acting as a mentor to technical staff across the company, including developing junior staff technical skills in water modeling and engineering.
Role will require some travel mainly in Texas.
Water Resources Engineer
CDM Smith Employment Type:
5 to 7 minimum years of experience since B.S.
B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or a similar field.
Work requires a broad knowledge of precedents in specify area and a good knowledge of principles/practices in related specialties.
Certification as an Engineer-Intern (EI) is required, newly hired engineers without an EI will have 18 months to pass the Fundamentals of Engineering examination from the point of their hire.
Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer is desired.
Experience with water quality and water supply planning is a plus. Project and task management experience is desired.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Texas - Houston
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required: