CDM Smith Manager II - Construction in Houston, Texas
CDM Smith is one of the world’s top program management and construction management (CM) firms, providing innovative and creative solutions for our clients and assisting them in achieving successful outcomes on their most important programs. We currently provide PM/CM services around the world with over 300 working full-time professionals who use world-class program controls, processes, and tools. Our Construction Management team in Houston, TX is seeking a Senior Construction Manager to join our established team of accomplished professionals. Construction management experience in civil/utility projects is highly desired. As a member of our team, this individual will provide technical expertise to the firm, and leadership to a staff of construction representatives and project support staff. The individual will plan, direct, and coordinate construction projects ranging from large multi-discipline projects to moderately complex
• Coordinate and control all construction management activities including CPM scheduling, claims management, project coordination, risk management, and quality management on a large complex construction management assignment
• Communicate and interface with internal/external team members and authorities involved in the planning, design, execution and construction activities.
• Manage, monitor, and track project objectives including scope of work, schedule and budget.
• Serve as the primary contact for the Client and home office staff.
• Build the project team including sub consultants and subcontractors and manage their duties and activities.
• Ensure that construction is completed in accordance with the Contract Documents and CDM Smith Quality Standards.
• Manage resources and budget effectively contributing to the overall
profitability of the firm.
• Establish processes and procedures to reduce cost, limit risks and provide a safe work environment for our staff.
• Mentor staff and contribute to the firm’s knowledge management system.
• Assist in development of a construction management network in the Houston area.
Manager II - Construction
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven leadership abilities
• Demonstrated record of high performance in managing large/complex civil/utility construction projects.
• Excellent understanding of alternative delivery construction methods
• Ability to work independently, oversee construction contractors, manage a staff of construction representatives and project support staff, oversee controls staff including master scheduling and budgets, and prepare high-level reports to the client and governing entities
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management required, post graduate degree preferred, PE desired. CCM certification by the CMAA preferred.
• A minimum of 15 years of progressively more responsible construction management experience on large, highly complex construction projects
• Proficiency with typical computer-based management and Microsoft Office Suite.
Job requires site visits (up to 10%-20% of time allocation) in which you may face environmental factors such as continuous climbing, exposure to loud noise, seasonal weather, and driving.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Texas - Houston
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required: