CDM Smith Bachelors - Construction Specialists Intern Summer 2018 in Houston, Texas
CDM Smith’s Houston office is looking for a Construction Student Intern to join our team for the Summer of 2018! You'll be working with a dynamic team of industry leading engineers on a diverse portfolio of public, federal, and industrial projects. Students in this construction internship would be supporting various projects both in the field and the office. Field support could possibly be with setting up a new job – field measurements/layouts, assisting field crew, and documentation support for superintendent. Office support will include locating subcontract options, checking drawings, contacting vendors for quotes, and general office assistance. You will primarily support the superintendent, project engineer and the project coordinator.
Prepare and review submittals
· Maintain and edit all field as-built drawings for project
· Complete requests for information (RFI)
· Coordinate timely arrival of parts, equipment, construction materials, and installation with field
personnel and vendors
· Perform surveying functions and verify final locations and elevations
· Assist in preparation of required documentation records such as: conforming bid documents from
addenda, status reports, Operations and Maintenance manuals, warranties, spare parts, punch lists.
· May attend meetings with Owner, subcontractor and associated project personnel
· Develop plan reading and strong visualization skills.
· Perform standard estimating tasks such as performing quantity take-offs, creating material price lists,
and researching labor, material and equipment costs for these take-offs.
· Contact subcontractors and suppliers for current pricing
· Participate in pre-bid job walks
· Participate in Bid-Day quote tabulations
· Gather and update engineering and construction information to reflect most current plans/requirements
· Support routine collection of sub-consultant and contractor schedule and cost submittals
· Perform additional duties in specialized areas as assigned
Bachelors - Construction Specialists Intern Summer 2018
CDM Smith Employment Type:
Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a related discipline is required. 2 years of completed coursework and construction experience is preferred but not required.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an equal opportunity employer.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Texas - Houston
Amount of Travel Required: