CDM Smith Senior Project Manager - Water Services in Helena, Montana
CDM Smith currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager with previous experience managing water, pump station, conveyance, and/or wastewater projects to join our West Central group, in our Helena, MT office. In this position, you will be the main point of contact for planning and design of water, pump station, conveyance, and wastewater projects in the states of Montana, Wyoming, and Utah and assist with business development activities. CDM Smith has been providing services from the Helena office for 30 years. Our services have spanned the areas of; environmental studies and planning, design, construction administration, and design-build delivery of municipal and industrial water, wastewater, pump stations, and facilities.
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Managing and serving as the lead Project Manager on major municipal and industrial water and wastewater projects in Montana, Wyoming, and Utah
• Providing technical guidance, senior leadership, and mentoring engineering staff to enhance our water, wastewater, pump station, conveyance planning and design capabilities
• Being responsible for scope, schedule, budget development, monitoring and adherence for projects managed
• Completing Quality Assurance/Quality Control of key deliverables and assisting on projects managed by others in the office
• Assisting Client Service Leaders with technical marketing in the region
• Participation in professional societies relevant to the industry
• Building and maintaining positive working relationships with key decision makers in our clients’ organizations
Senior Project Manager - Water Services
CDM Smith Employment Type:
A successful CDM Smith candidate will have:
• Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a related field
• At least 12 years of experience since degree focused in water, wastewater, pump station, and/or conveyance services
• Registration as a P.E. in Montana with ability to obtain professional registration in other states as required
• Previous experience working on and managing projects for municipal water and wastewater clients
• Previous experience managing multi-discipline project teams
• Excellent communication, networking and team building skills
• Previous experience working directly with clients.
• Ability and desire to manage and provide engineering support on industrial water and wastewater projects is required while maintain a long-term focus on municipal water and wastewater project development and management
• Previous experience working on industrial water/wastewater projects
• Previous experience working and managing projects for municipal water/wastewater/pump station/conveyance clients in the states of MT, WY, UT
• Previous business development experience including preparation of proposals and scopes of work and cost estimates for municipal clients
• Previous experience working with Montana water and wastewater clients
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Montana - Helena
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required: