CDM Smith Civil Engineer 5 in Eugene, Oregon
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Maintaining liaison with individuals and units within or outside organization
• Acting independently on technical matters pertaining to hydraulics
• Visualizing and assuming responsibility for new business development activities within areas of expertise
• Working as a recognized leader of technical and professional staff
• Acting as mentor for lower-level employees
• Planning, developing, coordinating, and directing a number of large and important projects or a project of major scope and complexity
• Directing the work of a staff engineers and technicians
• Evaluating progress and results obtained and recommending major changes to achieve overall objectives
• Conceiving, planning, and conducting research in problem areas of considerable scope and complexity
• Serving as the technical specialist in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles and processes for an assigned responsibility area such as subject matter, function, type of facility or equipment, or product
• Keeping abreast of new methods and developments affecting CDM Smith to recommend changes to c114urrent programs or new programs warranted by such developments.
• Note: location for this position is flexible with western US preferred.
Civil Engineer 5
CDM Smith Employment Type:
A successful CDM Smith candidate will have:
• B.S. or M.S. (preferred) in engineering or science or a related field with 7 - 10 years of experience in hydraulics analysis and design of hydraulics elements.
• Registration as P.E. in home state is required. Ability to obtain within 18 months in additional locations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, calculations management. Ability to write technical reports and present technical content to clients during project execution and pursuits
• Candidate should be able to travel periodically for several days with ability to visit and work at treatment plant, industrial or other sites.
• Demonstrated expertise in hydraulics, hydraulics structures, and hydraulics problem solving including open channel flow. Experience in pump intake design/analysis is a plus.
• Design and analysis experience using hydraulics tools such as Visual Hydraulics and other hydraulics software (Infowater/Infosurge, Water GEMS/Hammer, Pipe-Flo, etc.).
• Experience with analysis commonly encountered hydraulic applications, i.e. pump-system curves, hydraulic profiles for pipelines and treatment plant applications, etc. (at level where can perform work and review work of others)
• Experience with pump intake design and analysis.
• Experience with physical modeling/model development and use for analysis in hydraulics design and problem/issue resolution is a plus.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required: