CDM Smith Client Service Leader – Water/Environment in Edison, New Jersey
CDM Smith has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Client Service Leader to lead client engagement and business development for water and environmental infrastructure for multiple private, municipal and state agency clients in the New Jersey market. CDM Smith has been providing services in the water and environmental infrastructure sectors in New Jersey for decades. We have worked on some of the largest infrastructure projects for major clients throughout the State and are looking for someone who will help continue this tradition through both the management of existing client portfolios and the development of strategies to grow business with new clients.
As a member of this team, you will contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Developing client engagement strategies and pursuit plans for new water and environmental business in the New Jersey area.
• Aligning CDM Smith’s firm-wide strategies with local business development activities.
• Being responsible of the overall financial performance of projects within a client portfolio.
• Being a highly visible advocate of CDM Smith through active participation in professional and industry organizations.
• Assembling and leading client and project teams to meet client needs and project requirements.
• Developing and managing proposal efforts and presentations.
• Implementing CDM Smith’s WINS Process and proactive use of CDM Smith’s sales tools.
• Negotiating critical issues with clients and potential teaming partners and subconsultants.
• Development of technical approaches and strategies.
• Assisting on individual projects and meeting billable hour targets.
• Meeting annual sales goals from both existing and new clients.
• Managing business development budgets and costs.
• Engaging in routine coordination with other area client service leaders and internal business units to meet business objectives.
• Following and implementing CDM Smith’s standardized business practices.
• Participating in CDM Smith’s training program to reinforce core competencies of the client service leader position and obtain requisite certifications within 6-months of onboarding.
• Adhering to CDM Smith’s Core Values.
Client Service Leader – Water/Environment
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• A minimum of 15+ years of experience post bachelors degree
• A minimum of 5 years of water, wastewater, and/or environmental project management or client management experience in the New Jersey area market.
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Science or Engineering.
• Comprehensive knowledge and multi-discipline experience planning, designing and managing large scale water, wastewater, and/or environmental projects.
• Registration as Professional Engineer, LSRP, Professional Geologist, or equivalent certification.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
New Jersey - Edison
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required: