CDM Smith Senior Project Manager - Water/Wastewater in Detroit, Michigan
CDM Smith currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager with previous experience managing water and/or wastewater projects to join our North Central group. In this position, you will be the main point of contact for planning and design of water and wastewater projects in the greater Detroit area and assist with business development activities. CDM Smith has been providing water infrastructure and resource services in the Detroit Area for over 40 years. We have worked on some of the largest water and wastewater projects for major clients throughout the area.
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Managing and serving as the lead Project Manager on major area Detroit water/wastewater projects
• Providing technical guidance, senior leadership, and mentoring engineering staff to enhance our water/wastewater design capabilities
• Being responsible for scope, schedule, budget development, monitoring and adherence for projects managed
• Completing Quality Assurance/Quality Control of key deliverables and assisting on projects managed by others in the office
• Assisting Client Service Leaders with technical marketing in the Detroit region
• Participation in professional societies relevant to the industry
• Building and maintaining positive working relationships with key decision makers in our clients’ organizations
Senior Project Manager - Water/Wastewater
CDM Smith Employment Type:
A successful CDM Smith candidate will have:
• Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a related engineering field
• At least 12 years of experience since degree focused in water/wastewater services
• Registration as a P.E.
• Previous experience working on and managing projects for municipal water/wastewater clients
• Previous experience managing multi-discipline project teams
• Excellent communication, networking and team building skills
• Previous experience working directly with clients
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Michigan - Detroit
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required: