CDM Smith Environmental Engineer 4 in Denver, Colorado
The successful candidate will take the lead in operating and maintaining a unique industrial wastewater treatment plant in the high Rockies. Tasks include:
• Closely monitoring the treatment process and documenting compliance
• Diagnosing the cause of observed problems and automatically triggered alarms
• Collecting and testing process samples with onsite equipment
• Tracking, planning and, if possible, completing routine maintenance on all process and building equipment.
• Coordinating all equipment maintenance, building upkeep and emergency repairs with vendors
• Performing periodic radiological surveys and interfacing with radiation safety officer about results
• Ordering all chemicals and supplies as needed for process equipment, health & safety and general building upkeep
• Maintaining a clean environment in the plant (e.g. mopping or sweeping regularly)
• Operating heavy equipment
• On-call up to 4 nights per week
• Recording daily activities in a plant notebook
Environmental Engineer 4
CDM Smith Employment Type:
5 - 7 minimum years of experience since B.S. in Engineering, Science or related field. Work requires a broad knowledge of precedents in specify area and a good knowledge of principles/practices in related specialties. Knowledge of commonly used computer software (Word, Excel, AutoCAD, ArcView) expected. Candidate must have excellent writing and communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
• Educational background/experience in water/wastewater treatment
• Strong problem solving skills
• Self-starter that takes ownership of task completion
• Good communicator
• Know when to ask for help
• Comfortable working alone most of the time
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Colorado - Denver
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required: