CDM Smith Senior Project Manager in Chicago, Illinois
CDM Smith currently has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Project Manager with experience managing Superfund environmental remediation projects to join our Federal Services Unit. In this role you will manage the team, scope, schedule, quality and budget of complex projects for the EPA. CDM Smith has been providing services to the EPA and environmental remediation market for over 30 years. Our services have spanned the areas of environmental, remedial studies, design, construction, climate change, sustainability and research and development projects.
**For this position, we have a preference for candidates willing to work out of our Chicago office.
As a Sr. PM member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Working as a Senior Project Manager on remedial studies and designs for EPA and USACE in various EPA Regions.
• Tracking and controlling scope, schedule, and budget on projects.
• Routinely interfacing with the client and other stakeholders to communicate progress on projects and to ensure client satisfaction on CDM Smith deliverables
• Acting independently on technical matters pertaining to your specialty field.
• Leading a project team of typically 5 to 12 engineers, scientists, and subcontractors, as well as acting as a mentor to junior staff.
• Evaluating progress and results obtained, and recommending major changes to achieve overall project objectives, and meeting client milestones.
• Conceiving, planning, and conducting research in problem areas of considerable scope and complexity.
• Working on a team to bring resources of CDM Smith organization to bear on projects.
• Keeping abreast of new methods and developments affecting CDM Smith in order to recommend changes to current programs, or new programs warranted by such developments.
• Business development for new projects/task orders.
Senior Project Manager
ENT Delivery - EPA
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
• 12-15 years of work related experience with specialized knowledge of management consulting practices, supervisory capability, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Professional registration
• Experience working with USEPA, another agency of the Federal Government or having a Federal Government agency as a client
• Experience in Business Development including task order proposal development
• Ability to work within a large organization to leverage firm’s qualifications for the Federal Client
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience managing large complex federal projects
• Professional society membership and involvement
• Master’s or MBA degree
• Previous experience working with the USEPA
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Illinois - Chicago
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required: