CDM Smith Application Software Development Team Lead in Chennai, India
The Enterprise Systems RedShift Datawarehouse Big Data Technology lead, is responsible for managing development of a scalable data and reporting data based on various production systems deployed and various data sources.
• This position is a highly collaborative, consultative role by working with Advanced Analytics, Data Architecture, PMO, application development teams.
• The candidate must have experience performing detailed tools analysis and leading tool selection processes for enterprise reporting and analytics.
• Essential to work very closely with Business Technology PMO team for Software Development Lifecyle continuous improvement, resource planning, and project approval.
• Responsible to lead report development team located in India to deliver reporting solutions.
• Manage overall reports life cycle and governance ensuring transparency across the board on reports prioritization and development.
• Analyze gaps between current state and industry best practices; Propose and implement quick wins to generate immediate business value.
• Work with business users to provide a user experience that is satisfying for the users and cost efficient for the company.
• Design innovative solutions & implement using appropriate tools and cutting-edge technology wherever applicable.
• Create an intuitive portal for users to find reports appropriate to their role.
• Understand corresponding related data points in Oracle EBS R12 and data elements.
• Collaborate with the Master Data Management and Enterprise Data Architecture team on driving resolution for underlying constraints affecting reports including, but not limited to data structure, business process or system defect related.
• Challenging the business users on how the data in the report will be used, what decisions will be made, and what the impact will be to the business. Key is to steer the business to consume data in a way that is most positively impactful to the business.
• Managing the team to design reports in a way that the performance run time is acceptable and the load on the underlying system is acceptable.
• L3 troubleshooting of reports when users find the report is displaying apparently inaccurate data. This could be due to data nuances, due to data entry errors report logic nuances, etc.,
Application Software Development Team Lead
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent (CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or engineering discipline).
• 8 to 10 years of experience in data warehousing & reporting technologies;
• Experience with in Big Data platform environments like Redshift, understanding of data modeling and tuning concepts specific to columnar storage databases.
• Experience with data flow management in Redshift and best practices with loading and managing data in that environment.
• Knowledge of administration and operational management of a Redshift database environment is highly desirable
• Prior Experience in data modeling, designing custom reports.
• Demonstrated experience leading technical teams in successful data warehousing and analytics implementations.
• Prior Experience in data integration, data warehousing, analytics processing (near real-time, batch), data delivery architectures.
• Strong experience standing up report distribution tools and collaboration portals/intranets for end-user report consumption
• Collaborative skill and willingness to work in a matrix organization to actively engage with various groups within business technology and business users to fully understand the reporting requirements (financial, transactional, analytical).
• Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing environment while managing multiple priorities.
• Self-starter with a proven track record of working both independently and collaboratively.
• Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle process, procedures, and design artifacts; experience with in Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
• Ability to perform critical thinking at an enterprise architecture level within the development lifecycle
• Prior experience with Noetix views to understand existing and determine where reporting can be done with fewer views; drive standardization and optimization.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
• Flexible work schedules to accommodate working across our global offices and with our development and support teams in India.
Understanding of reporting dashboards, data visualization and self-service reporting tools.
• Understand the cost structure involved in a various reporting technology tools.
• Experience setting up super user groups and governance boards to drive prioritization and problem solve within the user community.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
India - Chennai
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required: