CDM Smith International Accounting Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
CDM Smith’s Finance team is seeking an International Accounting Manager. With $180M in annual sales internationally, CDM Smith operates in over 15 countries including Germany, India, and Australia as well as countries in Asia and South America. Reporting to the International Controller, this position is in our worldwide headquarters in Boston, MA. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Managing the international accounting staff, including appraisal, development, salary recommendation and hiring actions
• Managing and reporting the status of the monthly accounting close process
• Researching issues, analyzing problems, compiling data and preparing reports
• Providing assistance to the international business leadership with financial analysis and decision support
• Coordination of international statutory audits and tax return preparation with external auditors
• Maintaining policies, practices, and compliance within company guidelines
• Interfacing with and coordinating activities between various international entities
International Accounting Manager
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• 8 years of related accounting, finance, or equivalent experience required; with 5 of those years in International Accounting field and at least 2 years of either managing special projects or supervisory experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent field. Master's degree preferred
• Solid knowledge of both US and international finance issues including experience with foreign currency translations, consolidations and transfer pricing arrangements
• A high degree of proficiency in accounting programs, preferably Oracle Financials, and advanced MS Excel skills
• Attention to detail and the ability to manage constantly changing requirements and priorities
• Superior organizational skills and outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Flexible and irregular working hours and the ability to travel internationally up to 10%
Education: MBA or Master’s degree in finance preferred.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Massachusetts - Boston
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required: