CDM Smith Construction Specialist 1 in Boston, Massachusetts
Under frequent direction and supervision, assists in the management, administration, estimating, quality control, scheduling, safety adherence support and technical direction for particular projects as assigned by supervisors.
• Estimating: Develop plan reading and strong visualization skills.
• Perform standard estimating tasks such as performing quantity take‐offs, creating material price lists, and researching labor, material and equipment costs for these take‐offs.
• Learn the Timberline Estimating System.
• Utilize Timberline to assist in preparation of Opinions of Probable Cost of Construction and Design Build Projects
• Research historical data (purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.) and compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
• Receive, review and file pricing received from CDM Inc. Project Mangers against Opinions of Probable Cost of Construction performed by Estimating.
• Contact subcontractors and suppliers for current pricing.
• Participate in pre‐bid job walks.
• Participate in Bid‐Day quote tabulations.
•Perform additional duties in specialized areas as assigned.
Construction Specialist 1
CCI ESS Estimating
CDM Smith Employment Type:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or related degree.
Experience: 0 years related experience in the construction industry; Ability and desire to learn industry practices, processes, design, finance, and management; Strong mathematical background. Basic computation skills required; Able to communicate concepts and ideas to colleagues and clients; performs active listening; Proficient personal computer skills; Basic knowledge of construction terminology.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Massachusetts - Boston
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required: