CDM Smith SR. Database Administrator - Oracle Applications in Bangalore, India
Oracle EBS R12 Application Senior Database Administrator
The Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) Release 12 Senior Application DBA must exhibit technical proficiency and understanding of Oracle technologies and must proactively ensure stable, secure, recoverable databases in a 24/7 hosting environment. Individual must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Installation and configuration of Oracle databases.
• Provide sizing/capacity planning recommendations.
• Patch analysis and application of patches.
• Database cloning and refresh.
• Perform database backups.
• Coordination with Oracle Support for product related issues.
• Provide Production and Non-Production access to approved users.
• Planning and executing CPU, PSU and RPC patches after due testing and approvals.
• Coordinate with Unix, Storage and Network teams in planning/executing DBA maintenance tasks.
• Assist Unix, Storage and Network teams in OS Maintenance activities.
• Assist Client Performing Disaster recovery drills on periodic basis.
• Leverage Oracle data masking tools, build data masking scripts for PII and apply data masking scripts to clones.
EBS R12 Applications Administration:
• Assisting in installing new Products/Modules as per business requirement.
• Manage security for user account and responsibilities for application users by providing appropriate levels of access and protect data per mandatory legal requirements.
• Perform patch analysis and install application patches.
• Apply security update patches released every quarter by Oracle.
• Monitor concurrent processing jobs and tune concurrent managers based on the system capacity.
• Refresh of Non-Production instances from Production.
• Coordinates with deployment team to promote code based on formal Change Management process to user test and production environments with minimal disruption to user productivity.
• Setup and administration of Oracle Workflow.
• Manage Oracle service requests with Oracle Support for R12 Applications issues.
Performance Tuning (Database/EBS R12):
• Database level parameter tuning as deemed necessary.
• Optimize the Database and Application Components and parameters for sustained performance and avoiding performance bottlenecks.
• Diagnose and present effective solutions for database and application performance issues supported by empirical evidence.
• Identifying poorly performing Concurrent Requests/SQL queries causing performance bottlenecks and work with technical teams to tune SQL queries/procedures.
• Rebuild partitions / bad indexes.
• Gather and review database Schema statistics.
Monitoring (Database/EBS R12)
• Monitor Database and EBS applications and availability and overall health.
• Monitor the alert log for critical errors.
• Server capacity monitoring, CPU & RAM utilization/Report top sessions by CPU and Disk reads.
• Monitor workload reports generated during peak times.
• Perform audits on DB and Applications usage.
• Track/Manage database growth and raise early warnings.
• Monitor session and concurrent programs.
• Monitor backups.
DBA Support (EBS/R12):
• Triage, escalate and troubleshoot user issues and resolve service incidents.
• Support and maintain high availability architecture – load balancing/failover.
• Assist IT business analyst and development teams.
• Assist in supporting third-party products and boundary interfaces.
SR. Database Administrator - Oracle Applications
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS or engineering discipline).
• 8 plus years of experience in Oracle EBS R12 Applications DBA support.
• Strong experience in Oracle EBS R12 patching and cloning a must.
• Hands on working knowledge of database SQL commands and scripting.
• Basic knowledge of Linux operating system commands, cron jobs, utilities.
• Effective written skills to create and maintain high quality documents in a shared knowledge climate.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple short term and long term tasks.
• Available to work US shift: 6:30 pm to 3:30 am IST (9 am to 6 pm EST).
• Available off hours for occasional critical support.
• Critical thinking skills, able to analyze situations, challenge assumptions, develop methodologies, present and defend conclusions and recommend action plans.
• Self-motivated and fosters a cooperative work environment. Ideal candidate should be able to work either as part of a global, diverse team or independently with minimum supervision.
• Understands firewall security and single sign-on concepts.
• Proficiency in Oracle EBS R11i or higher system administration.
• Scrupulously truthful, factual and effective communication with a diverse audience.
• Contributes to the culture by supporting and contributing to process and quality improvement.
• Application development experience (PL/SQL, Unix Shells, PowerShell, VBScript) a plus.
• Knowledge of with AWS, Microsoft Windows and SQL Server technologies a plus.
Job Site Location:
India - Bangalore
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.