CDM Smith Intermediate Project Control Specialist in Bangalore, India
The Intermediate Project Control Specialist supports the project delivery team by developing cost and schedule baselines; collects and analyzes monthly cost and schedule progress, identifies and assists in analyzing project variances; ensures risk reserves are updated and integrated into project financial forecasts; and manages and reports this information to appropriate levels in standard formats. Supports the implementation of financial controls, procedures, systems and forecasting techniques.
• Develops and documents project planning considerations and objectives, scope and milestones to incorporate into the schedule.
• Develops, maintains, and analyzes integrated critical path schedules for major projects and/or portfolio of projects in accordance with contract specifications.
• Evaluates and raises project early warning signals to Project Manager.
• Evaluates and recommends resource realignments to maintain project execution.
• Supports compliance with internal procedures such as federal/ government regulations.
• Gathers project progress information from Project Manager and project team members to update and monitor the project.
• Evaluates and updates data regarding schedule dates, physical percent complete, resource requirements, subcontractor commitments and project accruals.
• Reviews schedule progress and productivity of resources.
• Develops time-phased project cost and resource forecasts; validates project costs; updates requirements as required.
• Monitors progress of project deliverables and actual expenditures versus forecasts.
• Performs performance reporting for a portfolio of projects or programs using Earned Value Management.
• Conducts financial analysis including variance, risk and profit/loss analyses, etc.
• Performs non-routine analyses and prepares non-routine financial reports.
• Documents and assesses the impact of project changes on cost/schedule baselines.
• Generates and analyzes earned value reports for projects and discuss any observations with the Project Manager.
• Evaluates project execution and impact of developing trends using prescribed methodologies to determine if project is proceeding within available resources and budget.
• Prepares client and internal status reports to communicate cost status and documents trends.
Project Records Management
• Uses appropriate document management protocols to manage the storage and retrieval of project documentation.
Skills and Abilities
• Intermediate knowledge of project management methodology including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, and finance and accounting concepts and practices.
• Demonstrates good knowledge of project goals, drivers, strategies, risks and opportunities as well as an understanding of project finance, accounting or business administration.
• Intermediate level knowledge of Enterprise Project Portfolio Management suite of tools (Primavera).
• Working knowledge of Project Performance tools (EcoSys) will be an added advantage.
• Possesses strong teamwork and collaboration skills and an ability to work well in fast paced environments requiring daily shifting of priorities.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Travel Requirements: Domestic and international travel required.
Environmental Factors: Job involves frequent physical movement, such as bending, stretching and stooping for gathering files, as well as the ability to maintain high levels of concentration focusing on financial details to ensure accuracy within mandated time constraints. Job
often involves prolonged exposure to computer screens.
Intermediate Project Control Specialist
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Finance or related field. Certification or advanced degree in Construction Management from an accredited institute preferred.
Experience Requirements: 3 years design engineering project experience with project controls, scheduling, cost management and controls pertaining to engineering and construction activities. CAPM certification preferred.
Job Site Location:
India - Bangalore
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.