CDM Smith Senior Construction Representative in Austin, Texas
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Supervising junior construction representatives (CNRP’s) in performance of assigned duties.
• Performing administrative and managerial tasks related to field office and personnel procedures.
• Reviewing and approving contractor change orders.
• Ensuring construction work is being done in accordance with plans and specifications.
• Recommending solutions to complex construction problems.
• Acting as liaison between contractor and client
• Implementing directives, instructions, and policies received from home office and/or client.
• Maintaining accurate records of construction via log books, record drawings and preparation of related reports.
The objective of this position is to direct, supervise and coordinate resident inspection/engineering activities and acts as client representative at large, complex construction sites.
Senior Construction Representative
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• B.S. degree in engineering or construction preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of construction techniques, standards and application.
• 10+ years of directly related experience.
• Must have strong client skills and a good understanding of technical interface activities
• Must demonstrate strong knowledge of all field organizations and have the ability to plan and organize the activities of a medium-sized team.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an equal opportunity employer.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Texas - Austin
Amount of Travel Required: